After I got home from dinner with a friend on Sunday night and since I was going-solo with the hubs on business, I was feeling quite bored. No great T.V. on Sundays (especially in this awkward, between-seasons time right now) until I came across this little walk-down-memory-lane from my teenage years.
I know I'm a little late on this recap of sorts, but here are some thoughts/takeaways coming from a 26-year-old watching the VMAs:
- Lady Gaga, you are creepy as shiz. Don't you know Jim Carrey already did the alter-ego thing at the 1999 MTV Movie Awards? You should.
- Is it just me or does Justin Beiber look like Elton John?
- Announcer: "Coming up, the world premiere sneak peek of Hunger Games" Me: Eeeeeeee! Eeeeeee! (trailer consists of nothing but the main character running through a forest) Me: Oh. Huh.
- Beyonce made the announcement she's preggers and I was squealing with excitement (like we're BFF and she's going to ask me to be the godmother). When I have a baby, if I could get a stage, a mike and some back-up dancers, I would love to reveal my pregnancy the same way she did.
- If I was 14 (or didn't have a husband around to specifically forbid things like this), I would definitely have a poster of Bruno Mars in my closet. Swoon! (His hair is a little odd, but I'll let it go.)
- Someone should have really told Lil Wayne that his performance had so many naughty words, about 80% of was muted. Also, his panties were showing. So there was basically a rapper on my TV running around in silence with visible panties. Not the way I had envisioned the show ending.
Bottom line: In more ways than I care to acknowledge, I am indeed a 14-year-old teeny bopper caught in a 26-year-old's body.
Did anyone else catch the show? Any key points I've missed?
Lucky for me, the hubs is back from his travels tomorrow night. Which means I will have someone to keep me company, as opposed to watching VMA re-runs.