Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The 90s are All That

While I consider myself a child of the 80s, I spent much of my childhood in the 90s, which I'm pretty convinced is the BEST time to have been a child. I could list a hundred reasons why - fru-fru bangs, Ace of Base, the walk-man, jellies, neon colors - I could go on, really I could. But I would say one of the best things is this:

And let me tell you, fellow children of the 80s/90s, IT. IS. BACK.

NickTeen (yes, that's a channel and if you have digital cable, you probably have it) is now bringing back some of the best 90s TV programming. Fantastic, right? OK, so it's between 12-4 a.m., but I'm pretty sure the DVR was invented because they knew this exact situation would one day happen.

They are currently playing a few favorites. Um, Clarissa, anyone? When the hubby and I first turned this on, it took every ounce of energy to not hop up and do the intro "spelling." Nah, nah, nah-nah-nah.

Other shows they plan on playing include Legends of the Hidden Temple, Salute Your Shorts (Awful Waffle, anyone?), Weinerville (does anyone else remember this creepy-ass show?) and probably what you've been waiting to hear [submitted for approval of the midnight society...] Are You Afraid of the Dark?.

This actually took the hubby and I back to the simpler times. Once we heard the "90s Are All That" news, pretty sure we stayed up late (I know, aren't we naughty?) watching old 90s show intros on YouTube, which then led to an entire performance of the Elephant Show's theme song (with motions, of course) and a fairly in-depth conversation about how effing creepy Bram was. I mean, really?

Anyways, for those as nolstagic as I.... enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment