Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Summer Tour Continues

Well, we're still in the middle of our summer tour de weddings/babies/fun. We spent this past weekend in Tulsa with friends. The trip was really two-fold:

1. We finally got the chance to meet this cutie, who is the daughter of some of our dear friends, Taylor and Kacey.

I don't know how I didn't snap a pic of Greg holding her "football" style (supporting the head, of course), as he calls it.

2. We got to spend time with friends and stayed with one of my oldest and dearest friends and her hubby.

But don't you worry - while we were there, I did a mini-house crashing (And when I say "house-crashing," I mean I creepily took pics of cute items in the guest bedroom we stayed in). Take it as a compliment. Really.

First, I spotted this cute lamp. She took a normal lamp, covered it in cute fabric and even made a few rosettes to attach (and we all know how much I love a good rosette). I'm totally going to cover an old lamp and add some rosettes. Maybe for the guest bedroom?

And I really liked this pillow. I know, rosettes again. But I loved how she used printed material in the rosette (and did you notice it's the same fabric from the lamp?)


All in all, it was a lovely weekend of laying out with friends, visiting, eating, baby cuddling and all other good things in life. In fact, as we were driving home, I'd say we were on a bit of a baby high. OK, the baby high was just me.

But then we got home, walked out on our front porch and realized...

We can't even keep flowers alive.

We then proceeded to lay around and be lazy the rest of the day, and word on the street is, you can't do that with children. So all is right in the world. :-)

Our summer tour continues later this week (Thursday to be exact) when we'll be traveling to Charlotte, NC for a wedding. Let the fun continue...

No comments:

Post a Comment