Thursday, January 3, 2013

Blogiversary & New Year

Wow, time sure does fly. It's my two-year blog-iversary (well, yesterday) and crazily enough, it's already 2013. My first thought when I saw the date today was to panic just a bit. Probably because everything that seemed so far away, suddenly seem to be right around the corner. I mean, we start childbirth classes THIS WEEKEND. What?! How did this happen? How am I 30 weeks along?

But the truth is that I couldn't be happier that 2013 is here. I was a little bittersweet about 2012 ending, only because I feel like it was a really, really wonderful year for us. I mean, we gained a new sister-in-law, were blessed with the sweetest little nephew and of course we have a baby on the way. What else? Well, I finished re-doing our master bedroom, threw an awesome baby shower for my sis, went on a really fun vacay and lots more... but for the past 6 months, it's really been all about baby.

But, let's get to it - the top posts of 2012
:
5. Pregnancy: Week 14-17 in Review
4. Announcing Baby Benson
3. Baby B Gender & Name Reveal
2. Baby Shower Inspiration
1. Master Bedroom Re-Do: the For Now Finale

I haven't committed to many major New Years Resolutions, just two:
1. Enjoy the last couple of months of being a family of two. That means sleep in (when the baby isn't practicing high kicks as he sometimes likes to do at 7:45 a.m. on weekends), enjoy long, quiet dinners with my hubby and anything else that may not be so easy once baby arrives.
2. Chill the eff out. Let's face it - having a baby is a little stressful. Is the baby doing OK? Am I gaining weight too quickly? How will I get the nursery finished in time? And this doesn't even scratch the surface of the stress that will come once he arrives. So, I think just chilling out a bit will do a lot of good for me, baby and everyone else.


Hope your New Year brings you everything you wish for. Happy 2013!

P.S. Oh,  if you'd like to you can follow the blog a few different ways - if you have a Google account, click on the "Join this Site with Google Friend Connect" button on the right side of the blog. Or you can scroll down in the same area of the blog where you'll find a "Follow Blog By Email" option; type in your email and be notified when there's a new post.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment