Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Pregnancy: Week 28-31 in Review

So, I'm all up in my third trimester. Despite the bouts of nausea throughout my first trimester, everything is going shockingly well. I felt awesome all throughout the second trimester - had lots of energy, didn't feel stressed... it was awesome. Then, Trimester 3 was all like "bahahhaha, hope you enjoyed it. It's over." I'm pretty sure I cried three times in the first week of the third trimester. I think the hubby was a little bit like, "ummm, what just happened to my wife?" I think I got just a bit overwhelmed, but I've since decided the chill the eff out and I'm back in control. So, on to the recap...

Feeling? Overall, I feel pretty good. I'm still sleeping decently well, which I'm super-grateful for. I definitely get tired more quickly and am feeling a little more on the lazy side. But again, nothing to complain about too much. :-)

Weight Gain? Well, I'm getting a little freaked out over here. As of the end of Week 31, I've gained about 20ish pounds. Oh well, according to my prenatal workout DVD hosted by Summer Sanders, (yes, the host of Nickelodeon's Figure It Out) it's all about "Growing Bellies. Healthy Mommies. Healthy Babies." Whatever you say, Summer.

Baby Size? You guys, he's getting so BIG! He now weighs more than 3 lbs and is approximately 16 inches long. According to BabyCenter, he's something like this:

Maternity Clothes? Oh yes. My pants situation is getting a little tough as my belly is getting bigger, but most of my maternity tops still fit OK... I'm tired of buying new maternity clothes, so hopefully no one notices that I wear the same 2-3 pairs of pants every week to work.

Cravings?
Sweet pickles, chips, pineapples, apples. I eat all of these things every week as much as possible!

What I Miss? Being able to lean over without my belly getting in the way. And energy. I miss energy.

What I'm Looking Forward To?
Baby showers (getting to see my family and friends!) and of course continuing work on the nursery.

Best Moment? Well the past few weeks have been full of lots of NOT fun stuff (glucose test, more bloodwork, a shot), but there have still been a few awesome moments. I feel like I'm starting to figure out his schedule; that he likes to move around/play in the evening (and at night) and early mornings, but I think he sleeps a lot during the day.

Belly Button Status? Ugh, I sort of can't even talk about this. It's, like, half-way to outie status. Last time I was at the doctor for a tummy check, I laid back on the table (so the doctor could listen to his heartbeat) and my belly button popped out! At first, I thought it was just me... until I saw Greg's face and I knew it was the beginning of the end for my "innie." In fact, if you check out this one maternity shot, you can actually see it poking out a bit...




Belly Pics:
Christmas Morning!


On to Month 8 - and 8 weeks and counting!

No comments:

Post a Comment