Thursday, December 20, 2012

Pregnancy: Week 22-27 in Review

Holy shiz. I just finished rounding out (pun intended) the second trimester and am moving on to trimester three! I'm super excited, but a little overwhelmed all at once. I just can't believe how fast this pregnancy is going.  But let's get to the recap...

Feeling? Overall, still can't complain too much. I've started having slight back pain (especially after a long day), but laying on a heating pad has really, really helped.

Weight Gain? As of the end of Week 27, I've gained 15 pounds. I'm a little freaked when I get on the scale as I've never weighed as much as I do now, but I know it's normal!

Baby Size? We've graduated from  the length of a carrot to a head of cauliflower. According to my all-knowing BabyCenter app, he weighs nearly 2 pounds and is about 14 1/2 inches long. He's getting to be such a big boy! (Now where those other measly 13 pounds are hiding, well, I don't know... ;-)

Maternity Clothes? Yes, I finally broke down and bought maternity dress pants as the belly band was getting a little umcomfy. There are still some non-maternity clothes I can wear, but I've really started wearing a lot of basics (black and white maternity t's) with cute scarves/necklaces so I can cut down on the number of new things I need to buy.

Cravings? Still love chips, but my newest craving (and yes, I realize how cliche this is...) is sweet pickles. I've gone through two large jars in the past 3 weeks. And I can't get enough pineapple and apples!

What I Miss? Nothing at the moment; I'm doing pretty well!

What I'm Looking Forward To?
January will bring childbirth classes, maternity pictures and a baby shower! Lots to be excited about! Also, the hubby and I will be working on the nursery quite a bit over our holiday break.

Best Moment? My belly has definitely "popped" over the past 6 weeks, so it's nice that people look at you and realize your pregnant. They don't give you that weird "So, have you been eating extra cheeseburgers or are you growing a baby?" look. Also, it turns out people love pregnant. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like people are so much friendlier to me. And of course I'm still loving all the kicks and movement; trying to soak it all in!

Belly Button Status? Yes, this is a new category because I realized I'm kind of obsessing about it. In week 22, it was in a comfortable shallow position. Now, I'm mere weeks away from an "outie" crisis. I'm pretty sure this is what I've picked to obsess about to take my mind off, ya know, birthing a human being.



In the newly painted (thanks to the hubby!) nursery

Just got our Christmas tree up. And I look ginormous in this photo.

Our crib (compliments of my Dad!) was delivered. Yay!

Bring it on 3rd trimester! I wore heels just to prove I still could. :-)


On to trimester three...

No comments:

Post a Comment