Monday, October 8, 2012

Pregnancy: Week 14-17 in Review

Well I feel like I've definitely gotten in the swing of this whole pregnancy thing. Here's a quick look at the first few weeks of my second trimester:
Feeling? I'm feeling really good, for the most part, and am really enjoying every little moment. Soaking it all in because I know in a few short months, it may not be as magical as it is now.

Weight Gain? About 4-5 pounds total

Baby Size? We've graduated from the size of a lemon to a the size of a turnip. Baby B is now approximately 5 inches long (from head to bottom) and weighs 5 ounces.

Maternity Clothes? No, I've ordered/bought a few things, but haven't worn anything yet. I finally got a belly band and it's working like a charm, though. Will be on the hunt for more maternity clothes shortly.

Cravings? Basically anything salty and fruit. My faves right now Wavy Lays and french onion dip (I could literally eat it with a spoon) and strawberries, grapes and apples. But I'm back to eating pretty normally and sensibly; I only succumb to cravings every now and again.

What I Miss? Every once in a while, I'd love a margarita, but other than that, I'm doing alright. I also don't have the stamina to run like I used to before, so now I walk/jog the best I can.

What I'm Looking Forward To? I get a sonogram at our next doctor's appointment in two short weeks. This will (hopefully) be our gender confirmation appointment. Can't wait to see our little one again!

Best Moment? I've finally felt my first flutters of movement a few times. It's usually when I'm laying flat or on my side right before I go to bed. One of my favorite moments in life, actually :-)




1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog! I'm 14 weeks preggo myself.

    You look great! I can't wait to feel those first flutter too :)

    ReplyDelete