Thursday, January 31, 2013

Pregnancy: Week 32-33 in Review

Well, on to month 8, and may I just say that time is FUH-LYING? I thought I'd be finishing the nursery around week 34, but, ummmm not the case. Either way, I still feel like we have plenty of time, but maybe time to get going on that. My BabyCenter app also tells me it's also time to SLOW DOWN and get lots of rest. You know what? Not. A. Problem. That's actually my goal for the next 6 weeks. So, on to the recap...

Feeling? I had a couple of rough days where the baby was putting pressure on my pelvis, but other than that, I've actually been feeling alright. (Turns out pre-term labor is not the same things as just feeling uncomfortable... who knew?!) I get tired a bit easier (hello heavy breathing while climbing stairs... definitely can't hang like I used to!), but other than that can't complain.

Sleeping? (Yes, this is a new category.) Honestly, compared to other horror stories I've heard, I'm still sleeping pretty well. I get up a couple of times a night to run to the restroom and I do flip sides every few hours, but overall, I'm feeling so much more tired, so I'm still sleeping OK. The baby does like to wake up early on Saturday and Sunday mornings, therefore, so do I...

Weight Gain? I've gained about 22 pounds total. I've also stopped obsessing about my weight. There are way too many other things to obsess about...

Baby Size? He now weighs approx 4 1/2 lbs and is approximately 17 1/2 inches long. Now, he should be spending the next few weeks fattening up. Something like this... although I have no idea which direction he is.

Maternity Clothes? I feel like the size of my belly is getting a little out of control. In the coming weeks, I'm a bit afraid that I'm going to outgrow some of my maternity clothes. So don't judge if I wear the same 4 outfits over and over... I refuse to buy anymore maternity clothes.

Cravings? Same as before... Sweet pickles, chips, pineapples, apples. I eat all of these things every week as much as possible! But I'm on a bit of a sweets/pastry kick. We bought a King Cake (to commemorate Mardi Gras!) and I swear, I've single-handedly ate about 80% of that thing. My lowest point was when I was eating it right out of the box with a fork and knife. (Judge if you must.)

What I Miss? I do miss my energy and feeling in-shape. I also miss my mind. I've been having some mild pregnancy brain lately. Basically, if I'm at work and I don't write something down that I need to do, well, it's not going to happen. So I've got some crazy lists going on right now. Also, the fact that my husband and VP have the same name is not helping the situation. I came DANGEROUSLY close to sending my VP a calendar invite to a breastfeeding class. Um, dodged an awkward bullet there.

What I'm Looking Forward To?
I had my first baby shower last weekend and it was absolutely wonderful (blog post to come on this later!). Over the next few weeks, I'm looking forward to our second shower and visiting friends in Oklahoma. Also, I'm really focusing on the nursery so hope to make a lot of progress in the near future! Finally, spending every minute I can with my hubby (despite his crazy "busy season" work schedule) since this is the last time it'll be just the two of us.

Best Moment? I'm really trying to soak every minute in. While we absolutely cannot wait to meet our little one, I feel like I'm going to be really sentimental about the pregnancy ending because, overall, it's gone so smoothly. Mentally blocking out the constant nausea of Weeks 5-11 and a handful of body freakout moments, I've adored every moment. :-)

Belly Button Status? OK, this is one area that I've - as my yoga instructor says - released control of. We've nearly entered the full "outie" status. And when I laugh or cough, it sort of pops in and out a bit. It's kind of hilarious. Maybe slightly terrifying, but still funny.


Picture by the baby's assembled crib!
Whoa - look at that belly. It makes this maternity top look like a baby tee!

No comments:

Post a Comment