Tuesday, July 17, 2012

House Drama

I've been just mildly MIA lately as we've been trying to deal with a little house "issue" over here. Nothing so dramatic as ripping off a sink faucet while the water still running nor having your AC break in the dead heat of July like last year, but an issue nonetheless.

The weekend before last, we went over to my sister's to visit (pre-baby) with her, my bro-in-law and Mom. We got back to our house around 5:30 p.m. and found this:

Someone nailed our mailbox with their car and drove off. No note! Pretty sure when we came upon the scene we were all like:

So, then the hubby started calling around to get quotes to have it fixed. Ugh. After getting the no-go from several handymen that were recommended, we got a few quotes from masons. Like, bricklayer masons. When the hubby called to tell me the damage, I was suddenly all like:


$575. Hang on. Five-hundred-and-seventy-five dollars. There. I felt like you got a better understanding when I spelled it out. Luckily, we keep a special home account where we save up to do home projects/room re-do's/emergencies/etc., but my effing mailbox was not the way I would have chose to spend this money.

We're just hoping that the person's car was jaaaaacked up. For some reason, that gives us solace.

No comments:

Post a Comment