Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Loving It: Spin Pins

When I chopped my hair off last fall, I almost immediately regretted it. I swear I was in mourning. I love having short hair, but when it's short, I can't do much with it. So now that it's finally long(ish) again, I'm excited I can actually pull it up again.

Enter my new fave thing: spin pins.
The ones I have are made by Goody Goody, they come in a two-pack and I got mine at Walgreen's, but I'm sure you can find them at any drug store. They are about $5-6.

They're perfect for buns of any kind. I generally stick to the lower side of buns (my hair isn't even long enough to rock the high bun) and these are perfect.

All you do is wrap your hair in a bun (however you normally do), then take a spin pin and simply twist it until it's all the way through the bun. Since my hair isn't super-long, I still add in a few bobby pins to nip and tuck pieces away, but it's waaaaay better than the 20 pins I normally use on my buns.
So this is after a long day of work and laying on a couch for an hour, so please forgive the messiness, but my spin pin is still secure!


I'm all about giving credit where credit is due, so shout-out to my pal, Whitney, who originally suggested these to me. (This is also the same gal who first introduced me to the Lime Cucumber Vodka Drink. Pretty smart lady.)

No comments:

Post a Comment