Sunday, July 8, 2012

Hungry Lady: Going for a Dip

When Greg and I went to Key West last month, we found this great little seafood shack. It's called DJ's Clam Shack and their lobster roll sandwich is like, whoa. But to accompany the sandwich, we split a side of sweet potato fries and it came with a little dipping sauce. It was totally new to us - it's called maple mayonnaise dipping sauce. Sounds gross, but is so good. (Editor's Note: If you despise mayo, there's a good chance you might not like it, but definitely worth a try! Me? I love any condiment or dipping sauce.)

So, we asked how they made it but they were pretty vague. Once we got home, I googled a few recipes, made a tweak and made our own. Very yummy!

Maple Mayo Dipping Sauce
1/2 c. mayo
1/8 c. maple syrup
1 tbsp brown sugar (though I'd probably do 1/2 tbsp next time)


Mix all ingredients in a small bowl and refrigerate for at least 15-20 minutes. (Or you can eat at room temperature, if you prefer!)



Here's what it looks like, although I'll admit it doesn't LOOK like the most appetizing thing we've ever made... But paired with some baked sweet potatoes, it's quite delish!


Now, I'm off to spend the day with my sister - she's being induced tomorrow so it's her last day pre-Eli! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment