Monday, April 9, 2012

And With Your Spirit

How was everyone's Easter weekend? Ours was - well - not what we expected.

On Sunday, we went to church. As ashamed as we are, we've totally become those people that only show up to mass for Christmas and Easter. As a good Catholic girl, I've had all my robotic church responses memorized since I was a wee little tot. Well, while the hubby and I have been taking a bit of a break from our regular church-going (oh, take your judging eyes elsewhere! Our Catholic guilt is enough, thank you very much. ;-), they decided to go and change all the words to all the responses. Most important, the words "And With Your Spirit" as opposed to "And also with you," which for all those non-Catholics, you say no less than, like 8 times during mass. I missed every single one. 


Definitely got a couple of these looks...
 So, Greg and I had the little handout that points out all the word changes the ENTIRE mass, which was a clear giveaway that we are only holiday mass attendees. "Those people," if you will. Side note: we're quite convinced the Catholic church made the changes to the responses simply to shame those who only come on holidays. Well played, Holy Father. Well played.

So, I had all the intentions of doing a bit of crafting on Easter afternoon, but apparently our home had other plans.

First, our kitchen sink faucet broke off. Did I mention it broke off while the water was running? The hubby was filling up a watering can while doing some yard work and, well, it just broke right off. I blame it on the P90X he's been doing. He's too strong for his own good.



So, we finally figured out how to turn the water off and a quick trip to Lowe's was in order to buy a new faucet and HOLY MOTHER OF SINKS, they are expensive. So we got a nice, middle-of-the-line faucet and headed home for the hubby to Google how to install sink faucets. After a few minutes of video watching and about 10 minutes of language that I'm quite sure the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit would NOT approve of, we decided we'll just have to rough-neck it until we can call a plumber on Monday.

Then, I heard a weird noise coming from our laundry room and my beloved front loader washing machine, which I spent nearly an hour cleaning yesterday (side note: does the fact that you have to CLEAN front load WASHING machines irritate you as much as it does me?), was suddenly leaking water ALL. OVER. THE. PLACE.

Lots more terrible language, followed by one of those moments that you just tap the wall in your house gently saying, "I love my house. I love my house. I love my house" over and over again to make you believe it again. Oh, the joys of home ownership.

So, we'll be having a plumber come out to take care of our little issues. And I think it's safe to say God made his point pretty clear. See you on Sunday, God. See you on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment