Sunday, February 12, 2012

Showing Some Love

Ah, Valentine's Day. The day of lurrrrrve. I thought I would share a little craft I did. Well, I really can't call it a craft craft, more like a computer nerd craft.

So when I came across this tutorial for how to make your own printable, I knew just what I could do. I've been thinking about doing a small gallery wall (we'll call this Happy Wall, Part Deux) in our master bedroom and was looking for a quote that I could frame. I couldn't find what I was looking for on Etsy, but when I came across this one on Pinterest, I knew it was perfect.
(source)

I just thought this was the sweetest quote and really signifies what makes a great marriage. You know, never "owing" each other anything, covering each other's blind spots, and the like. (I know, I'm really cheesy.)

So, I figured I would just make it myself. I used my fave photo editing site Picnik (which sadly enough is going away in April, RIP) but you could probably use Photoshop or something similar. I sized it to ensure it would fit in a 8X10 frame and simply printed it at Walgreens Photo (although you could probably print at Kinko's, too).

Here's how it turned out:

Total cost? About $2 and an hour of time. (I was moving a little slow.)

Side note: when I showed my hubby the final product, he read it and looked at me with a most quizzical look. "Why would the sun owe the Earth anything?" he asked me. So, after a bit of explaining, he seemed to get it. :-)

And just in case anyone wants it, feel free to steal my template (happy to send you the high-res version):

Since it's busy season, the hubby and I will be celebrating Valentine's Day on Friday night (as we always do) by grilling out steaks, wine and dessert.We generally skip the crowded restaurants and pre-set menus to spend an evening in.

Happy Valentine's Week, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment