Sunday, February 19, 2012

Crafty Bitch: Copy Cat

I'm a lot of things, but one thing I am NOT, is an artist. So when I decided I wanted to DIY some artwork for our master bedroom re-do, I knew I would need some reinforcements.

Enter the reinforcements:

I got these adorable Martha Stewart stencils as a Christmas gift and have been dying to use them. I knew I wanted matching artwork to go on either side of the bed above the lamps on our nightstands (I adore symmetry, what can I say?!).

It was actually this pin that gave me the idea:

(source)

Fair warning: on a scale of 1 to annoying as shiz, this is pretty darn close to the latter. I think we all learned to use a stencil in kindergarten, but for some reason, this took me a good 4+ hours to finish. At first, I was extremely frustrated by all the imperfections (look closely, you'll find quite a few smudges), but as the hubby pointed out, it makes it a little more personal and gives it kind of a cool look.

Here are my masterpieces!




Unfortunately, I can't hang them until my lamps come in (first world problems, I know...), but can't wait to see how they look.

Has anyone ever stenciled anything for their home (I mean, after the age of about 8)? I totally recommend these stencils!

No comments:

Post a Comment