Monday, May 2, 2011

Wedding Season

Well, Happy May everyone! This month brings... what? Spring flowers? Allergies? Yes, but for us each year, this month formally starts WEDDING SEASON.

"What do you like better, Christmas or Wedding Season?"

"Yes. The answer would be, um, Wedding Season."


Since we attended our first wedding of the year this past weekend (no, this does not include the Royal Wedding that I DVR'd...), I've started to notice how my attending of weddings has evolved over the years. When I first graduated college, I would attend a wedding and cry my way through the ceremony (staring ever-so-longingly at the beautiful bride). I would then party my way through the reception (that hasn't changed much).

Now, as someone who's been married somewhat recently (a little over 2 1/2 years ago), I attend weddings in a whole different light. I ask my fellow pew-mates if the bride and groom have seen each other yet, I take note of the programs (those take work!), I get butterflies for the bride, I notice the centerpieces and chair covers - all the little things that make the day special but in the end, really don't matter. It also makes me super-sentimental in a mildly obnoxious way. I noticed it this weekend.

"Oh my gosh, you guys, they chose the EXACT SAME music for the parents entrance, the bridesmaids AND the bridal entrance as we did!" I excitedly exclaim. (I know it's SHOCKING that someone else also chose Canon in D and the Bridal March. So unique, right?) Later in a conversation, I'm talking with a friend who's getting married and I found myself saying "Oh yeah, well in OUR wedding, we did this... or that.." Really? Way to make it about yourself, Benson. Pull. It. Together.

I just think about our wedding day and get so sentimental as I see other people have their special days. (As I'm sure every somewhat new bride does...) In keeping with the trend of the past few years, we'll be attending quite a few weddings this summer so we'll have the opportunity to celebrate with friends and (in a small way) relive our own special day!


And because I'm just SO sentimental...


Happy May!

No comments:

Post a Comment