Thursday, March 31, 2011

Highs and Lows

Wow, what a whirlwind of a week. I've had some highs and some lows. First off, a quick note about my new job. (As I mentioned in my first blog post, this is not a blog about PR or my career, so I won't talk much about it.) The new job is great. Everyone has been super-welcoming/friendly and I'm excited to be there! It's more digital/interactive heavy and less traditional PR, but that's TOTALLY fine with me.

I will say, though, that after being at the same agency for nearly four years, starting a new job definitely has me out of my comfort zone. Like pretty much every company, there are lots of acronyms and since I'll be working much more in-depth on website management, I find myself learning new lingo. Google has been my best friend.

A few requests from my supervisor had me feeling like this...

But I've realized I'm more capable than I thought. And I'm all like this...

"I'm right on top of that, Rose!" (Editor's Note: If you don't get the "Don't Tell Mom The Babysitter's Dead" reference there, we should seriously re-think our Facebook friendship. Really though.)

OK, my other high point of the week? Busy season is officially O-V-E-R, which means I have my hubby back!

The brings me to my low point, and really there's only one. So remember when I talked about giving the homeowner's association a piece of my mind at the annual meeting? I MISSED IT. I know! I was so upset. I had it in my head that it was on 3/31 and with all the changes (new job, new phone, not up-to-date calendars), I didn't realize it was on 3/30. So disappointing, I know.

I was so ready to make my case for opening the pool early so people can lay out. (OK, probably just me. And maybe the cougar with the hot bod down the street. She likes to bake, too.) I also wanted to complain about the lack of welcome baskets for new neighbors. {sigh}

I guess it will have to wait until next year...

Happy April!

No comments:

Post a Comment