Sunday, March 6, 2011

A Little Piece of Home in Frisco

While I was born in Louisiana, I spent much of my life growing up in Tulsa. Since I left (first to go to college in Stillwater, then to Dallas to start my career/”big girl” life), I still have such a fond place in my heart for that city. Restaurants I used to enjoy while I lived there are suddenly elevated to five-star. We are often back in Tulsa as we still have friends that live there and every time we get to town, I always think, “Uh. I love Tulsa.”

One other thing I love about Tulsa. QuikTrip. Ummm, yes, it’s a gas station. But they always have the nicest employees, the cheapest gas and the BEST cola icees. And it makes me feel like I’m back in T-Town!

They are sporadically around Dallas, but never anywhere CLOSE to where I lived before. So you can imagine my excitement when a “QuikTrip Coming Soon” sign popped up a few months ago just right down the street from our house. Well, it opened this past week and let me tell you, it did NOT disappoint.

Of course, I went by as soon as it opened to fill up my gas tank and enjoy a nice hot beverage from their beverage station. I met a nice older couple who was totally blown away by all of their drink options. I know, amazing, right?!


Pretty soon, they’ll be blasting the "Cheers" theme song every time I come in.

Now, all I need is a McAlister’s Deli and a Hideaway Pizza to open in Frisco and I’ll be totally at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment