Sunday, January 2, 2011

“We’ve got a first-timer over here…”


Well, that’s what I feel like. I really LOVE reading blogs. Whether it’s creeping on friends’ blogs to see what’s happening in their lives, reading local news or getting a recap on my fave reality show... So, I figured, why not start my own? So, let’s get one thing clear – I fully understand that I will probably have a loyal following of about nine people (and one will likely include my Mom – hi Mom!), but I really enjoy staying up to date on what’s going on in my friends’ lives, so wanted to give you a peek into mine.

Just a quick “About Me” – I live in the northern suburbs of Dallas in Frisco – it’s so cute, I love it! I work in public relations for an integrated marketing agency in uptown in Dallas. So yes, I commute every day. But most of my Dallas friends live in that area, so it keeps me close. I’m blessed to have met the love of my life, Greg, in 2003 and we were married in 2008. We enjoyed a “cozy” apartment in uptown for two years before buying a home in July of 2010 up in the ‘burbs.

So, let me recap what my blog will not cover: I will try not to write long blog posts. Blog entries are meant to be short, so I’ll try to keep it that way. I do work in PR and spend many hours a day at my job, but this is not a PR blog. I will also try not to make this a total a recap of my life – “hey, look what I did this weekend; look what I ate, look what I wore, etc.” Not so much. But there really are some fun/interesting/hilarious things happening in my life, especially as I adjust to owning a home, living in the suburbs, balancing a small social life, a work life and married life.

So, for the nine of you out there, thanks for stopping by! If you’d like, please feel free to become a “Follower” of my blog (check out the right-hand column) or add this to your RSS/blog reader. There’ll be more to come.  J

Happy New Year!

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment