Thursday, March 10, 2011

It's a Plastic Jungle Out There...

So, I’ve recently found out about this really cool web site and thought I’d share. Did I trick some of you with the blog post title? Did you think it was a post about… leopard print condoms? Nope. Blog post about… new slang term for Dallas cougars’ breast enhancements? Nah. I will explain, but I’m afraid I might have lost a few readers.

For those of you that know me, you know that I love a good deal. It’s not as though I’m cheap (or maybe I am?), I just really don’t like to spend more money than I have to.

So, when I found out about PlasticJungle.com, I had to test it out to see if it was fo’ real. Or too good to be true. Well, I will tell you it is MUCH MORE real than some of the local cougars I’ve seen. Basically, the web site allows you to buy and sell gift cards at discounted prices. So, let’s say your grandma gives you a gift card to Coldwater Creek or Chico’s and the “mom jeans chic” look isn’t your thing, you can actually sell it to Plastic Jungle and they’ll buy it back for up to 92% of its value. You can exchange it for cash, Paypal deposit or Amazon e-card. Even better, you can buy gift cards. At a discounted price. Um, yes please.

I didn’t have any gift cards to sell, but still wanted to test it out. So, I bought several Southwest Airlines gift cards. Greg and I are flying to KC for a wedding this spring and needed to buy tickets. While the discount for SWA gift cards is only 6%, when you spend $350-400 on tickets, it puts 25 bucks back in your pocket. (Editor’s Note: They actually messed up and sent a United Airlines gift card for one of them, but it was pretty easy to send back and got the refund fairly quick.)

Other retailers that might be of interest include Best Buy (6% discount), Bed Bath & Beyond (8% discount), Gap/Banana Republic/Old Navy (11% discount), Urban Outfitters (10% discount), Pier One (15% discount) and tons others. It’s a great way to save a small discount on whatever you buy (before you even walk in the store) or allow you to save more (or buy more) when buying a gift card as a wedding gift, baby shower gift, etc.

And no, I wasn’t paid or given anything to share this site. Are you kidding? My blog only has 24 official followers! :-)

Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment