Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas Gifting

I love Christmas, I really do. But I've got to tell you, my absolute favorite part of Christmastime is picking out gifts for family and friends.

Anyways, I thought I'd share a couple of fun gifts I gave and received this year. I'll be honest, I went a little crazy with the online shopping. I has boasted to my hubby that I hoped to not step foot into a mall and have everything shipped to us, but alas, I did have to make a mall trip - and to the Galleria no less. Kind of scary. While I freely admit I did most of my shopping via Amazon.com and other big box stores, I did support a few local businesses this year with my gift-buying and of course, I crafted it up, just a bit.

For the mother-in-law who loves champagne (DIY'd): Chalkboard Champagne Glasses
*eesh, can you believe I totally forgot to take a picture of this? Oh well, I made Chalkboard Martini Glasses for a work White Elephant gift, so you get the idea!*

For the sister-in-law to-be: Personalized Wedding Dress Hanger via Handcrafted Affairs on Etsy

For the Parents or In-Laws: Personalized Playing Cards via Shutterfly
*In fairness, I totally stole this idea from my sister*

And finally, here are just a couple of gifts that I loved.
My sister gave me a 6-month subscription to Birchbox. It's a business that sends you a box of high-end beauty product samples each month. You fill out your profile online and they send you customized goodies. Then, if you want to buy any of them, you can get discounts and/or earn points for free merchandise. I just got my first box and I love it!

Of course, some of the greatest gifts are those that are handmade and my previous manager was nice enough to send me a box of goodies (Thanks, MB!). Actually, his partner has a side business, called Beau Tye, where he makes beauty, body and home accessories. I've tested out the Tye Tub Tea and I think I'm in love. Everything smells and LOOKS so amazing. Just FYI if you're looking for great gift ideas for Moms, Grandmas, Hubbies you name it!

Just a few gifts I thought might be of interest. Hope everyone is enjoying some down time before 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment