Monday, October 17, 2011

Master Bedroom Part Deux: Color Scheming

Remember when I said I've been dying to re-do my bedroom? I still am. Progress? Eh, not so much. I mean, unless you count ordering and installing a headboard as major progress. I'm traveling or busy pretty much every weekend this month so I'll have to keep dreamin' a little bit longer.

I've decided on a color scheme and the hubby is totally on-board. It's going to be our Navy & Orange room! Yes, apparently I like to theme rooms after color duos (just like my gray and yellow guest bedroom). Oddly enough, I was cruising through my Blog RSS earlier today and one of my favorite blogs is also tweaking her room with orange and navy accents!)

It was actually this inspiration from Pinny that helped me make the decision:

The wall are already painted a neutral oatmeal color with a chocolate brown accent wall, but we currently have no color (except our comforter, which we've recently decided is fugly).

Fugly comforter:

So, while I won't be making any progress for at least the next 2-3 weeks, I'm hoping maybe I can inspire myself to get moving. So here goes...


I just love this look; not so much the color scheme, but it's so warm and comfy!

($479 price tag. Eesh.) As the hubby would say, "Save your money!"


In the spirit of navy and orange, I'm actually sort of lusting over this dress. But I'm really not sure if I like the dress or I want to make a pillow out of the fabric... Either way, I think it's pretty fantastic!

Our first goal is (still) to get furniture, then lamps, bedding, and finally decorate/do wall art. I'd like to say it won't take long, but... doesn't it always?

Well, I have to go. I'm really busy tonight watching the DVR'd Kardashian wedding special. Like I said, I'm very busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment