Sunday, October 9, 2011

Celebration Marathon

It has been (and will continue to be) a whirlwind, celebratory month. It kicked off last weekend driving to Oklahoma (trip #1) for my friend and pledge sister's baby shower. Next weekend, I'll be in Oklahoma next weekend again for another friend/pledge sister's bridal shower and bachelorette party. And (you'll see a trend) we were in Oklahoma THIS weekend (trip #3) for a VERY exciting weekend.

My bro-in-law proposed to his sweet girlfriend on Friday night and we were excited to be able to attend the surprise engagement party on Friday as there was lots of celebrating to do!

We found out a few weeks ago that he would be proposing the same weekend we were coming to visit so I started thinking what would be a cute engagement gift I could buy for my sister-in-law to be. I love themed gifts and when I came across this cute "housewarming basket gift," I thought I could definitely re-purpose the idea for an engagement gift!

Here's what I came up with:


It consists of bridal magazines (a rite of passage for all brides-to-be, if you ask me. The only time in your life that it's not creepy to buy bridal magazines!), cute thank-you cards (for all the fun showers, bachelorette parties that will be thrown for the bride), a bottle of champagne (for obvious reasons) and a little ring dish (to keep by - but not too close to - your bathroom sink or in your bedroom to hold your wedding rings when you're not wearing).

I came across this adorable Etsy shop (all her items are hand-made and ceramic) where I ordered the ring dish from and just had to share!

I love the simple, yet so sweet "forever" text on the ring dish.

I was walking in to the engagement party all excited for the night and for my cute basket when I literally saw at least two other engagement baskets and about 6 other bridal mags from her friends. So, while I was mildly deflated that my engagement basket wasn't ground-breakingly creative, it turned out really cute!

While I didn't take a ton of pictures, here's a cute one of the fam:

We were able to attend the Oklahoma State football game the next day with the happy couple - Go Pokes!

All in all, a wonderful weekend. Let the celebrations continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment