Sunday, October 23, 2011

Car Wars: The Finale

Well we have an addition to our family. Meet our new baby! (No, not that kind of baby. We don't have pets or children so I sometimes think of our things as our children)

It was long over-due but Greg now has a new car! It's a GMC Terrain and he's in love. He was so excited to play around with all the new features that he chose to listen to the World Series game on the radio instead of watch on TV.

I've told you before that I'm socially awkward when car-shopping, apparently, but I'm happy to announce this purchase went off without a hitch.

I mean, I reeeeeallly wanted to look the salesperson dead in the eye and ask him if the car came with Lorenzos on Yokohama tires (bling, bling), but I resisted the desire after the cold shoulder I received from my joke with the last sales guy.

Anyways, we had originally been deciding between the GMC Acadia (my pick) and new Ford Taurus (Greg's choice), but after test-driving them both, we ultimately decided the Taurus just felt too small, but the Acadia felt like a bus. So, Greg came across the Terrain: it's smaller than an Acadia, not too "chick-like" like a Ford Escape and it's American. Buying American was an absolute must for my very patriotic hubby. (For full effect, please cue Toby Keith's "Angry American" song, if you will.)

So, here's our shiny new baby:


Funny enough, when we originally decided to purchase we didn't realize it had cool features like a car-reversing camera or a DVD player with TV screens in the headrests, which we think is so cool! (Uh, we are simple people. It does not take much to impress us.) Then, we realized it was kind of hilarious because, um, who's going to watch them? We have no children, no pets, nothing. I can just picture myself sitting in the backseat on our car trips, prissing the hubby around like he's a chauffeur. Driving Miss Lauren, anyone?

But I'm so happy for my hubby to have a sweet new ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment