Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A yummy treat

I’ve got to be honest – I’m not much of a baker. Give me a recipe to cook a MEAL and you might as well call me Julia Child... (we're two peas in a pod, really.) But generally cookies, cake or any kind of sweet treat do not end well for me.



So, let's get on with it. The spicy pretzels. You would think these things were laced with crack. I’ve brought them to parties, girls nights and pledge class reunions and have had several friends ask for the recipe, so thought I would share it here for anyone interested.

Spicy Pretzels

½ cup of extra virgin olive oil
1 20 ounce bag of small pretzels
1 pkg Hidden Valley ranch powder
1 tsp cayenne pepper
½ tsp lemon pepper
½ tsp garlic powder

Mix together the ranch powder and all the seasonings in a small bowl, set aside. Put pretzels in container with cover (I use a cake pan with lid) or a gallon size Ziploc bag. Pour olive oil evenly across the pretzels and sprinkle seasonings across pretzels evenly. Shake, shake, shake it (the pretzels or your ass - both would be ideal). For best results, let them marinate overnight and shake them every few hours to make sure the seasonings/olive oil is evenly spread.

Hope you enjoy them!

No comments:

Post a Comment