Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Home Decorating & A Diva Moment

Being a new home-owner, Greg and I are always working on some kind of project for the house. That’s right – we’re getting all kinds of DIY on your asses. So, we’ve been remodeling our bathroom – textured and re-painted the walls, added new hardware and light fixtures, new flooring and adding décor. It’s been quite a process and I’m really happy with how it’s coming along (will be sure to share photos soon!), but there have been a few bumps along the way.

For example, during our Christmas vacation, Greg and I made a little trip to Daltile, the self-proclaimed “leader in tile and natural stone” to pick out some tile. We were all “YA! Look at us homeowners being all grown-up, making home decorating decision!” and walk into this store so fired up. We walked around and picked out a few options and just kind of hung tight, trying to flag down an employee to help us. So, here we are standing there holding 4 different tiles, waiting to find out information on pricing, contractor info, etc…. for like 40 minutes. We contemplated leaving a few times, but stayed because the salesperson (the ONLY one working there that day) kept walking by saying “I’ll be right with you!”

So, I finally had had it. In fact, I had what can only be considered a “Pretty Woman moment.” (Yes, I fully realize that I often equate moments in my life to great scenes in movies.) The frustration I was feeling could only rival that of the Kroger Rotisserie Chicken debacle of 2010. So, of course, I began daydreaming about yelling “We got money to spend in here, lady!” or coming back in the store with a stack of competitor’s tile saying “You work on commission, right? Big Mistake. Big. Huge. I have to go remodel my bathroom now…”

And right at this point, the salesperson came over to help. Damn. So, I didn’t have the opportunity to fully have my diva moment, but you can only imagine what THAT would've been like...

We still haven’t had the bathroom tiled yet and have a few more things to do, but here’s a sneak peek – it’s really coming together!

No comments:

Post a Comment