Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Hungry Lady: One Last Summer Fling

So, I know I was just talking typing last week about how we're going all "fall" in our household, but I couldn't resist breaking out my absolute favorite summer recipe over the weekend for one last "summer fling."

I ate this growing up and it's still one of my favorite recipes ever (not quite spicy pretzel level, but it's pretty darn close), so I thought I'd share.

Shrimp Pasta Salad
1 box tri-color macaroni
1 1/2 lb shrimp
crab boil
zesty italian dressing (1 bottle)
parmesan cheese
1/2 purple onion (chopped)
1 can black olive (optional)

Boil shrimp in crab boil as directed on crab boil package; drain, cool, and peel. Boil noodles and run through cold water afterward. In large bowl, mix noodles, shrimp, chopped onion, olives and italian dressing (I use about 2/3 bottle). Top with parmesan cheese. Refrigerate for 2 hours prior to eating.


Note: I'm a fatty and I top my bowl with extra italian dressing. Also, you can remove the shrimp or sub it for chicken, but I absolutely love shrimp, so would never do it any other way.

As soon as it's warm again next spring, I'll be breaking this recipe out once again. But for now, we'll be channeling all things college football and crock pots.

Yum!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment