Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Eat Up!

We've fallen into a bit of a rut. At least when it comes to food. I probably have my grocery list memorized. We stick with the usuals - we grill a lot, we do pasta, lots of fish, etc. - and don't experiment much.
So the hubby had the great idea of trying out a new recipe each week. We're shooting for Sunday nights since both of us work full-time and don't have time to cook a full-out meal with lots of ingredients during the week. So, we had our first Recipe Sunday two weeks ago and tested out White Cheese Chicken Enchiladas, as originally found here. (I mean, I obviously found it through Pinterest).
It was DELISH. Totally worth the time and effort.
Last week, we decided to get a little wild. And when I say "get wild," I mean "gain five pounds from one meal." We tried Chicken Fried Steak. (Hey, I NEVER said they were HEALTHY meals!) Here's the recipe we tried and here's how it turned out:

Amazing. Totally recommend. Plus, we still have a handful of wedding gifts that we've never taken out of the box and this little countertop grill was one of them... until now!
Finally, while I'm not much of a baker, I took a stab at these little treats - Oreo Cheesecake Cookies. And apparently my baking curse has been BROKEN! They were super-yummy.
Now, I promise not to write a blog post every time we try a new recipe - I know none of you care that much (except my Mom. I bet my Mom cares. :-), but I'm always looking for new recipes, ideas, etc. so thought I would share the successes. Though I'm sure there will be failures to come, as well.
Happy Eating!

1 comment:

  1. I made those enchiladas tonight! YUMMMM!!! :) Thanks for the rec. :)

    ReplyDelete