Monday, December 3, 2012

Living Room Refresh: Part Deux

Yes, I'm still working on updating the living room. I got a little side-tracked, but have finished another step in my living room refresh project. I'm still working on what I want to do with the artwork above the couch. The hubby never liked it and I've recently come around to his way of thinking. I ordered a cute fabric to wrap the canvas in as a temporary fix, but after the fabric came in, I decided I didn't like that anymore... We have a new game plan, so hope to get around to that project in the next few weekends. So, I'm skipping step #2 for now and moving to step #3. Pillows.

I spent about 3 hours one Saturday morning in an Etsy vortex and when I came out on the other side, had ordered about 5-6 new throw pillow covers. Our current throw pillows were ones that came with our furniture. They were fine and did their job for more than 4 years, but it was time for a change.



I ordered my throw pillows from this shop, where I've ordered before and this shop, which was a little pricier than I usually like, but they had some great pattern and are very high quality. I got the pillow forms from Joann's Fabric for 40% off (their down alternative pillows are a little more expensive, but they really are the best).

Uh-oh, we're totally busted. Yes, that's a puzzle on our coffee table we're working on... Nerd Alert!



Now, all I need to do is replace the above the couch artwork and do a bit of zhushing/adding small decor items. Easier said than done as we're also starting to work on the baby's nursery, organizing guest room closets and replacing all the carpet in our home. We'll get around to it, though! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment