Monday, October 22, 2012

Hungry Lady: Red Hot Apples

This is seriously one of my favorite fall treats. While it definitely doesn't have to be a fall-only treat, the yummy aroma that will fill your kitchen when making this just screams fall! So, I've enjoyed "red hot apples" since I was a little girl and my Grandma would make them for us. Fast forward to the first year that Greg and I were married, I decided randomly to make them. Turns out his Grammy used to make them, too, but she called them "Rosy Apples" (coincidence that my Grandma's name is Rosie?! I think not!) But I digress...

So, here's what you need:



4 Red Delicious Apples (peeled and sliced)
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. red hots
3/4 - 1 c. water


Cook for 20ish minutes on med-high heat (stirring every few minutes) until apples are soft. Let cool on the stove. You can serve hot (some like it over vanilla ice cream) or cold and by itself (how I prefer it).

Mmmmmm, delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment