Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Time Just Flies

You may have noticed that I have not been blogging as much as I normally do this month. June has been a bit of a whirlwind and this past weekend was the first weekend we've actually stayed home/stayed low-key in well over a month. Since we've been back from vacay, I've been very busy. And to clarify, when I say "very busy," I really mean "caught up in the throws of the 50 Shades of Grey series." Um, whoa.

But a few weeks back, the hubby and I went down to Houston for a super-short, overnight visit to watch my little sister graduate high school.

Me & Evan with the graduate

Ugh, as I type this I feel like I'm going to be border-line weepy. This week, she turns 18 and later this year will be heading off to college. The funny thing is that when I look at her, this is what I see:



Not this:



And don't even get me started on my "little" brother who starts high school this fall but is the same height as my hubby (and Greg is not a short guy).


Evan & Greg
 Yikes, where does time go?! Well, luckily I will get to see them in a few short weeks when they all come in town after my sister has her baby. Eeee!

2 comments:

  1. I know the feeling well. Just wait till your sister is getting married. Then, if you're anything like me, you'll have to restrain the "I'm going to freak out and lock you in a closet because you can't POSSIBLY be old enough for this!" moment of temporary insanity. Luckily I didn't really lock her away. But I did tell her (with the authority of an older sister) that she should wait ten or more years. She promptly rolled her eyes and, like little sisters do, ignored me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, so funny! Glad I'm not the only one experiencing this... ;-)

    ReplyDelete