Thursday, April 7, 2011

Two Peas in a Pod

I've been blessed in that I met my perfect half about 7 1/2 years ago. Before I get too lovey-dovey and you all click the close browser button, I'll make my point. While we are two different people, we also have quite a lot in common. I mean, just look at us. We're both tall, lanky; can be mildly awkward at times. (Side note: we've actually discussed when we decide to procreate and finally have a newborn baby, we totally see it coming out sort of looking like an alien... you know, with a long skinny body, lanky arms and legs and a large head. Awww, sad, I know.)

OK, let's get back on track. We have so much in common, but nothing more so than our uncanny ability to... screw up song lyrics. I can't tell you how many times we've been driving around rocking out to the radio and we're singing the lyrics to a song when we suddenly look at each other in total confusion and gently let the other know they don't know the lyrics. There have been MANY a Google searches to clarify lyrics and countless bets.

Because we think this is so hilarious (could be crickets on your end...), here's a just a couple of the songs we've butchered (I'm sure there are more):

- Taio Cruz "Break Your Heart"
Actual Lyrics: "I'm only gonna break break yo break break yo heart"
My interpretation: "I'm only gonna brick-breaker brick-breaker yo heart" (you know, like the phone game?)

- Creedence Clearwater Revival "Down on the Corner"
Actual Lyrics: "Down on the Corner, Out in the Street, Willy & the Poor Boys are Playing, Bring a nickel, tap your feet"
Greg's interpretation: "Down on the corner, Out in the Street, [mumbles something] boys are playing, man the meatloaf can't be beat!"

- Gloria Estefan "Turn the Beat Around" (Editor's Note: Why my husband was singing this song, I just don't know.)
Actual Lyrics: "Turn the Beat Around, Love to hear percussion"
Greg's interpretation: "Turn the Beat Around, Love to hear a question"

- Seal "Kiss From a Rose" (Editor's Note: I would argue that NO ONE actually knows the words to this song...I'm not kidding, go look up the lyrics and you'll be like "Um, what? What does that even mean?")
Actual Lyrics: "To me you're like a grown addiction that I can't deny, yeah"
Greg's interpretation: "To me you're like a ronadictionary every night, yeah"

It was at this time I asked what a "ronadictionary" was. He couldn't quite tell me, but I have no room to talk because generally I'm the one who doesn't know the lyrics. His just happen to be way funnier than mine. (There's gotta be a lyrics apps somewhere that we both need to have put on our phone immediately.)

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment