Sunday, February 20, 2011

My Fave Home Decor

So, I have to share my absolutely favorite home décor item that I’ve bought recently. When I first came across it in the West Elm catalog, I had to have it. I’m pretty sure I even sent a link to my hubby with a note that said “We have to have this.” He probably responded with something like “Sounds good. Whatever you think.” But honestly, I just really didn’t want to pay full price for it. (You’re shocked, I know.) Then, as I was stalking the westelm.com website (per the usual) and saw that the oval candle wall hanging SOLD OUT.

Being somewhat obsessive, I sent an e-mail to West Elm customer service and (bless their hearts), they e-mailed me back to let me know that they located several at the Dallas store. So, of course I headed to that store immediately (lucky for me, the only West elm store in Dallas happens to be in a shopping area that is one of my clients, so I’m over there often) and happily bought two. I didn’t even mind paying full price.

While they laid in the corner of my living room for about two months, we finally got them hung up and ordered flameless candles for them. They’re even remote-controlled. Oh yes, you heard that right. They’ve been quite a hit with guests who like to pretend they’re doing magic tricks a la the Young Darth Vader commercial. Put another way, this equates to 26-27 year-olds pretending to be Harry Potter.

I just feel like they give the room a more modern look. The hubby and I are still on the fence about whether the flameless candle look is cute and sets a nice ambience… or is more like Applebee’s chic. (?) But we like it.


Next challenge (I mean, besides finishing the master bathroom and starting on the guest bedroom) is the fireplace mantel. It’s a little… bare.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE those oval candle holders and the flameless candles, Lauren!! You have such a good eye for decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks so much, Kendall! We all know that I really struggle with decorating, so appreciate the confidence booster... ;-)

    ReplyDelete