Sunday, March 3, 2013

Pregnancy Talk (Explained in .GIFs)

An alternative title to this blog post could be How to Make a Mommy-to-be Want to Attack You. I'll totally admit that I've been treated awesome throughout my pregnancy and there have only been a couple of comments that have annoyed me. But I hear things all the time from new Moms and Mommies-to-be about things people say and it appears as though some people lose all sense of what's polite/appropriate. If that's you, take note. If it isn't, here's a nice glimpse into pregnancy!

So far, I've thoroughly for the most part enjoyed my pregnancy. But that's not to say that there aren't still those moments of, ummm, WTF? Whether it be noticing something weird your body is doing or, more commonly, something someone says to you. So, I thought it'd be interesting to share some of my top WTF moments with an accompanying .GIF to explain my reaction.

Them: "Awww, you're having a baby? Let me explain to you in detail how horrifying my birth experience is... It'll help 'prepare' you."

 

Them: "You're going to be the cutest pregnant lady ever. I bet you only gain weight in your belly and face...


  



Parenting advice from people who DON'T ACTUALLY HAVE CHILDREN




The first time someone referred to me as "Big Momma"

 

After reading a series of BabyCenter emails, with titles like "The Truth Behind Labor" or "Nine Things No One Tells You About Breastfeeding" or "What a Post-Pregnancy Tummy Really Looks Like" ... (Um, I kid you not with these emails...)


Pretty much anytime anyone says "You look like you're about to pop!" (In particular, when that happens at 34 weeks...)





 My thoughts about half-way through our Prepared Childbirth Class:

I hope we've all learned a valuable lesson... If you can't say anything nice to a pregnant person, by all means LIE! ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Laughing sooooo hard right now and really hoping I haven't said any of these to you! Please post this on my wall when I'm about 34 weeks pregnant.

    ReplyDelete