Sunday, September 16, 2012

Living Room Refresh: The Game Plan

And you thought I'd only be blogging about the baby...

Well, I started our living room refresh and now that I'm feeling better, I'm finally ready to actually continue with it. So, this is my general game plan:


1. Get New Area Rug to Help Pull the Room Together -- Done!

2. Recover Ugly Art Canvas -- When we moved into our house, we were itching to fill the walls, so we bought a piece of wall art that neither of us were all the crazy about. The hubby especially hated it. So, in the interest of time/money/indecision, we're simply going to cover the art canvas with material. (The hunt is currently under way for that...) That way, we can change it out easily or at least have something we like until we get a piece of actual art.

3. New Couch Throw Pillows -- This is far overdue. The current pillows on our couch and chair actually came with the set and we just never thought about replacing them. But in the interest of "refresh," we're getting new throw pillows to give the couch a little pop of color.

4. Accessorize -- Originally, there were a few additions I'd like to add to the living room in terms of decor. With a baby on the way, I'm kind of re-thinking this a bit, but at a minimum would like to add something to the coffee table and potentially some additions to the mantel.



Will update as I make progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment