Tuesday, September 18, 2012

First Trimester Review

I've successfully completed the first trimester of my pregnancy and am gleefully skipping through the early second trimester. People tell me this is the "best trimester" and so far I agree. I've gotten a little lazy with my bump pictures (there just wasn't much to show up until now), but thought I'd fill you in on my first trimester stats before I get too settled into the second one.

Feeling? I was pretty nauseous throughout most of the first trimester, but started feeling much better around Week 11.


Weight Gain? None. Now, before anyone freaks out, my doctor assured me it's quite normal not to gain weight in the first trimester and was just happy I hadn't lost weight due to the nausea.


Baby Size?
The baby has grown quite a bit and at the end of the first trimester, was the size of a shrimp. 


Maternity Clothes? Nope, not yet! I'm not showing that much...


Cravings? I'm mostly experiencing food aversions, but I ate A LOT of Ritz whole wheat crackers, SunMaid raisin bread, salty chips and ginger ale absolutely got me through my first trimester.


What I Miss? Nothing really, quite yet!


What I'm Looking Forward To? Prenatal yoga - I'm on a waiting list and should be starting in the next few weeks!

 
Best Moment? When my nausea subsided and hearing our little one's heartbeat for the first time, both at Week 11


WTF Moment? I was having happy hour or "water and cheese fries hour" with a friend and the waitress asked if I'd be having a drink. For some reason, I felt the need to explain that I was pregnant and that was why I wasn't drinking. She then launched into what a cute pregnant person I was going to be, detailing her thoughts that I would "only gain weight in my belly and face." Um, face? So, I'm going to gain weight in the one place I CAN'T COVER? Errrr thanks?

I'm going to miss this tummy!
With our ultrasound pics!

This pic is a bit deceiving, but starting to see a little bump. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment