Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Stay at Home Mom-ing: A Whole New World

So in case you haven't been stalking me on Facebook (and why wouldn't you be?), I am now staying at home with the baby. I loved my job very much and definitely miss it, but I'm so happy and at peace with my decision to stay at home. (Something that I was quite terrified I wouldn't be. I was fairly focused on my career the past 6 years and let me tell you - it has definitely been a change in pace, well, everything.)

I've been home with him for almost a month and am trying to get in a routine. So, on my first full day at home with Connor, we did lots of fun things, but after an hour or two I kind of didn't know what to do with the little guy. So I took to Pinterest and Google to figure out what the eff I should be doing. (I want to make sure he's learning and discovering and hitting all his developmental milestones.) 

Apparently, I'm not the only one wondering...


We were doing a majority of the activities listed (tummy time, practicing sitting up, grasping, "talking" etc.) but I definitely learned a few things. Like singing. Apparently, music time is important to baby's development. So, I pulled out the ole iPad and turned on a little Baby Einstein station on Pandora. While we started off strong, singing about Wheels on Buses and Mr Sun, Sun, Mr Golden Sun, the wheels (not the bus wheels, but the metaphoric wheels) really fell off when Pandora kept spewing out the most fantastic collection of Disney songs ever... I'm pretty sure I blacked out singing, and when I came to - in the middle of Aladdin's "A Whole New World" - Connor was looking at me like, errrrr.... Mom?
                                     

But I was all like:


So, I've learned to reel it in with the singing. But other than that, we stay pretty busy! We eat, play, nap (well Connor does, anyway), send Daddy selfies while he's at work, go to the gym/Fun Club at the gym, have play dates and this fall, we have a host of activities like various moms groups, books and babies at the library, etc.

Don't worry, we are keeping busy. And if you feel the urge to ask me what I do all day, just Google it.   ;-)


P.S. And now my blog has totally come full circle as I'm actually "playing house" now.

No comments:

Post a Comment